Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring Fever

I refused to get my Spring Fever shot this year so now I have contracted the malady. Even though we're still seeing single digit readings on the Minnesota weather map, it won't be long. There's only about 8 weeks of bowling left, and I tune in to KSTP and listen to John Gordon butcher the Twins broadcast from Florida. In the blogosphere, Pat Neshek has the number 1 blog in all of major league baseball. Not only that, but he's a great guy, and from Brooklyn Park, Minnesota! He reads his mail, returns autographs, collects baseball cards, and really enjoys his fans. I hope his attitude lasts and he won't get burned out. Joe Mauer doesn't answer mail, snd his website has not been updated for months. Also looks like he's more interested in selling his swing-o-contraption than anything else. Justin Morneau has a website run by an outside agent, and it has stuff for sale also. Season opener this year on March 31. I hope Torii Hunter strikes out a few times and drops a can o' corn. I hope Bert Blyleven puts his foot in his mouth again and gets suspended for a few months. I hope John Gordon expands his vocabulary a bit so he doesn't have to say "and" 150 times per inning. I wish the Twins would try to sell the team this year, and lay off the "new stadium priority" crap. They make it sound like if you don't buy tickets this year, they won't let you in to the new ballpark. There's a new bowling center in Blaine, and an almost new, completely refurbished center in Monticello, and not once was I ever approached about getting new bowling center priority.

No comments: