Friday, April 25, 2008

Red Wings, Here I Come

Looks like my hope for a winning season will be on his way to Rochester soon. I hope Mr. Liriano can get his rhythm back and help us. But, I'm looking forward to Kevin Slowey returning to his spot in the rotation. I like guys who don't walk people. Wednesday, the first two runs that Oakland scored were runners who got a free pass. Now we go to Texas, losers of their last 7 games. These are games we have to win to remain in the hunt. Maybe with Cuddyer back we could score a few runs.

On the major league front, how about that Chase Utley - 10 dingers, a bunch of RBIs, and in the top ten for average. Could he be the next triple crown winner? We haven't had one since 1967, and Yaz was only tied with Killebrew for the home run title. And Chipper Jones, 40 years old and hitting double his weight! You can bet they are mostly solid hits, at that age you don't get a lot of leg 'em outs.

No comments: